In this article you will learn how to mine BTCZ / BitcoinZ with GPU on pool and a brief intro about BTCZ. BTCZ is Proof of Work/ ASICs resistant decentralized coin.
BTCZ Mining Algo : Equihash
Max Coin Supply : 21 Billion
Current Mining Rewards : 125000 coins/ Block
Current Block Size : 2MB every 2.5 minutes.
Profitability last calculated on 6 January 2018
- 1 What Special in Bitcoinz : BTCZ
- 2 Know Best Coin to Mine With Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
- 3 Types of Mining in Bitcoinz
- 4 Bitcoinz Wallet
- 5 How much Mining Reward you can Expect
- 6 Guide : How to Mine BTCZ , BitcoinZ
- 7 Some Frequently Asked Questions
- 7.1 What is the Best Overclock Setting For Bitcoinz Mining ?
- 7.2 What is the Best GPU to Mine BTCZ ?
- 7.3 Shoud I Invest in BTCZ?
- 7.4 Which Miner do I Use ?
- 7.5 Which Pool Do I Use For Mining ?
- 7.6 How do I edit .bat file?
- 7.7 Should I Solo Mine or Pool Mine?
- 7.8 Where can I trade Buy/Sell BTCZ ?
- 7.9 See this : How to Overclock Nvidia Cards For Mininig
What Special in Bitcoinz : BTCZ
- BTCZ uses Bitcoin technology
- Bitcoin has privacy problems as all transactions are available on public ledger but BTCZ uses anonymous transactions (zk-SNARKs privacy)
- Bitcoin mining has become centralised which is not good for a decentralised cryptocurrency. Bitcoinz is ASICs resistant resulting in decentralised GPU mining.
- No company owns BTCZ, it is an open source project and run by volunteers.
- Having big block size similar to the bitcoin fork, bitcoin cash, it results in faster transactions.
- Hardfork can be done if required in future but changing history is banned according to the community.
Types of Mining in Bitcoinz
BTCZ Solo Mining :
If you have enough hashrate like minimum of 10000 solutions/second then you can try solo mining for BTCZ. Here is the complete guide for solo mining.Block reward goes to the miner that finds the recently mined block first. If you don’t have enough hashing power then your chances of finding the block will be very less and If you don’t find any block you won’t be earning anything.
BTCZ Pool Mining :
In this article you will get to know about how to pool mine btcz in pool. If your mining rig has a hashrate below 10000 solutions/second, then use pool mining.In pool mininig block reward is shared between miners, according to share submitted, once the pool finds the block.
BitcoinZ GPU Mining :
For mining, BTCZ uses equihash algo. If you own an AMD or Nvidia Card then you can start mining BTCZ. Nvidia cards have an advantage over AMD cards as Nvidia cards are well optimized for Equihash algo.
BitcoinZ CPU Mining :
You can mine BTCZ with a laptop/desktop processor. Mining will not be profitable and the only reason to try this is if you have free electricity.
Bitcoinz ASICs Mining :
No, ASICs can’t mine BTCZ as it uses Equihash algorithm which is ASIC resitant.
BTCZ Cloud Mining :
Since CPU mining is possible you can mine BTCZ on cloud. If you have bonus cloud comuting credits then why not use them for mining and earn a few bucks. I have’nt find any cloud mining guide for this, if you do know any then please share.
Wallet is used for storing/sending/receiving coins. BTCZ has many wallets available, check them below.
BTCZ has a Desktop Wallet availabe for Windows,Linux, OSX, Android.
You can also access BTCZ Online Wallet .
Offline Paper/Cold Wallet – BitcoinZ-mini
BTCZ Harwdare Wallet : This is considered to be the safest, next to a paper storage wallet. Hardware wallet comes typically in form of a USB stick such as we see in bitcoin hardware wallet TREZOR and Nano Ledger.
How much Mining Reward you can Expect
For Equihash mining Nvidia cards beat AMD cards by quite a large margin. AMD card owners should be mining Ethereum but if mining BTCZ is more profitable then you should go for it. But currently for AMD cards, BTCZ mining is not much profitable.
Following is the minimum hashrate you should expect for BTCZ Mining
Nvidia GTX 1070: ~ 500 Sol/s @ ~ 100 Watts
Nvidia GTX 1080TI: ~ 700 Sol/s @ ~ 250 Watts
AMD RX 570: ~ 325 Sol/s @ ~ 140 Watts
Nvidia GTX 1060: ~ 295 Sol/s @ ~ 90 Watts
Hasharate will vary from card to card. Each variant will give you different mining speed and will also depend upon mining software.
To further increase hashrate you can overclock your cards, know more about it here.
I can say that the best GPU to mine BTCZ is definately Nvidia GTX 1070, 1070 ti , 1080 1080 ti.
Guide : How to Mine BTCZ , BitcoinZ
1. Download the Miner from links given below.
AMD GPU Miners: Claymore’s ZCash AMD GPU Miner v12.6
CPUMiner : Downlolad Here (CPU must have AVX instruction set)
2. Visit BTCZ Suprnova
3. Create new account or sign in.
4. Go to My Account >> My Workers >> Add New Worker ( remember worker name for later use)
Next Steps For DTSM Miner :
1. In dtsm miner after extracting edit start.bat file.
2. Replace ” zm –server eu1-zcash.flypool.org –port 3333 –user t1Ja3TR6QBRDUd897sLn1YSeKc8HnWmvHbu ” with
zm --server btcz.suprnova.cc --port 5586 --user anujsainicse.chcwork
Replace “anujsanicse” with your suprnova username
Lastly replace “chcwork” with your wokername
3. Run start.bat file and mining will start.
Next Steps for Ewbf Miner :
1. Open Suprnova.bat file( right click and edit)
2. Add following to the bat file and replace it accordingly. See images below for help.
3. Thats it, run Suprnova.bat and mining will start instantly.
miner –server btcz.suprnova.cc –user anujsainicse.chcwork –pass chcpass –port 5586
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Overclock Setting For Bitcoinz Mining ?
These are the minimum stable OC settings which will work on most of the Nvidia GPU’s.
tdp : 80%-120%
core : +50
memory : 100
What is the Best GPU to Mine BTCZ ?
Nvidia GTX 1070, 1070 ti, 1080 ti.
Shoud I Invest in BTCZ?
Coin is new and price is fluctuating too much. 10 days ago it was 0.0000044 when I was mining it. Yesterday 27, October 2017 it got pumped and reached to 0.00000190 and now 28,October 2017 price is down to 0.00000120.Coin was stable at a price 0.0000044, you may set a buy order around 0.0000060. Its up to you whether you want to invest or not, coin does not have an enough marketcap so consider this as a risky trade.
Which Miner do I Use ?
See the post above and download miner accordingly.
Which Pool Do I Use For Mining ?
Currently suprnova mining pool owns 70% of overall hashrate and I am mining on suprnova pool.You may consider other mining pools also which have sufficient number of miners.
How do I edit .bat file?
Aleady mentioned in the post above, check it.
Should I Solo Mine or Pool Mine?
If having hashrate atleast 10000 solutions/second then solo mine otherwise go for pool mining.
Where can I trade Buy/Sell BTCZ ?
Currently BTCZ is not available on any major crypto exchange yet. As of now you can use
We hope you liked our article about how to mine btcz. Do let us know if we were able to solve your problem related to btcz. If yes then do give this article a social media share.