Today you will get to know about a cool electronic device which I am using with my mining rig for automation.If you are lazy like me then you will love DH48S-S Relay Cycle Timer. In this article we will cover some applications of DH48S-S, where to buy this digital loop timer and how to configure it.
I had problems configuring it because DH48S-S manual was in Chinese language. All I can understand was the circuit diagram shown in the manual. Don’t know much about electronic circuits so I took a friend’s help to make DH48S-S work.I have made an easy-to-understand how-to-guide for DH48S-S setup.
What is DH48S-S : Cycle Relay Timer
DH48S-S is a cycled on-off switching timer.Means external device connected to the timer will automatically turn ON and OFF after a specified interval. ON and OFF intervals are independently adjustable, i.e. 2 minutes ON and 5 minutes OFF in a loop.
Timer will consume a maximum of 2 watts for operation.Timer should work on AC110V, AC220V. Timer size is similar to the size of postage stamp.You can read all the specifications at product buying page.
Where to Buy ?
Some Applications of DH48S-S
Applications are limitless.Some of which that comes in my mind right now are as follow.
- Turning your mining rig Off after every 10 hours for 10 minutes (automatic On-Off).
- Exhaust fan On-Off in loop. I use this timer with exhaust fan, making fan off for 5 minutes then on for 1 minute in loop.
- To turn a room air freshener on and off automatically.
How to Configure DH48S-S
I have explained everything in the images shown below.
You will need 5 wire pieces.
- Switch Off the power supply.
- Connect 7 with power source.
- Connect 2 with power source.
- Now connect 6 with external device.
- Connect 2 with external device.
- Connect 7 and 8.
- Now set the On and Off time. T1 for Off time and T2 for On time. Use “+” “-” button provided on timer to adjust time interval.
- Now switch on the power supply and external device connected will be turned on and off as per interval set on the timer.